Cradle of Liberty Council, BSA owns and operates 4 camping facilities that can be used by Packs, Troops, Crews and Teams for weekend camping from September to May/June each year depending on availability. This guide offers a brief description of each lodge/cabin/campsite with photos where available.
Check availability and making a reservation
1. Click on the “Book Now” Green Button for either Resica Falls Scout Reservation or Musser Scout Reservation
2. Select a category: choose if you want a lodge or a tent site and then click on the facility you are interested in. It will highlight the facility and then you can check what openings exist for your weekend of choice. Availability is confirmed if the date blocks show in grey.
3. Select your arrival and departure dates by clicking on the appropriate dates, it will then give you a “reserve’ button to click. This will create a reservation box at the top right of the calendar with an orange check out box. Click there and follow the steps to complete your registration.
4. Use your current doubleknot user ID and password. If do not have one you will need to create a profile—use your “Unit #, Council”, and your contact information.
5. Follow the steps to check out and select the appropriate payment type—pay online with a credit card or mail in a payment.
Situated in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, Resica Falls Scout Reservation is a 4200+ acre Scouting Paradise. Set in what seems like an endless track of mountain trails, clear streams, and waterfalls is an amazing program of activities for Scouts to enjoy for their summer camp experience.
Founded in 1957 by a joint effort between the Valley Forge and Philadelphia Councils to create a huge parcel of land for scouts to use for generations to come. Although the Valley Forge Council would become the sole propreitior of the property in 1965, these same two councils would merge in 1996 creating the Cradle of Liberty Council where Scouts from Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties would once again find themselves stewards of this wilderness treasure. The Council would later enter into a land trust agreement preserving the property forever as an undeveloped forest for Scouting use. In 2007, Resica Falls celebrated its 50th summer season of scout camping. Since its founding, tens of thousands of Scouts have enjoyed an experience among the hidden natural treasures creating memories that will last a lifetime.
To book a cabin or campsite at Resica Falls, click the Book Now logo below.
The Musser Scout Reservation is located along the Unami Creek on over 1,400 acres of Marlborough Township, Pennsylvania. It is part of the largest contiguous forest in Southeastern Pennsylvania. It now includes Camp Hart, Camp Delmont and Camp Garrison.
The Cradle of Liberty Council, Natural Lands Trust, Montgomery County Lands Trust and Montgomery County signed a conservation easement permanently protecting over 1,200 acres of the Musser Scout Reservation. The easement is a perpetual, legally binding agreement to remove certain rights from the property owner. The effect of conservation easements is to provide permanent protection from future development while leaving the land in private ownership.
To book a cabin or campsite at Musser Scout Reservation, which includes Camp Hart, Camp Delmont and our Cub Scout Camp, Garrison, click the Book Now Logo below.