|Constellation District Cub Scout Swim Program
|Sunday, March 17, 2013, 04:30pm - 06:00pm |
Cub Scouts from all across our District will work together in small groups with our dedicated staff and will have the opportunity, depending on their rank, to earn:
- - Cub Scout Swimming Belt Loop can be earned by any Cub Scout
- - Cub Scout Swimming Pin can be earned by any Cub Scout
- - Webelos Aquanaut Activity can be earned by ONLY Webelos Scouts
Specifically, we intend to cover the requirements listed below:
For the Cub Scout Swimming Belt Loop:
- 1.We will discuss the rules of Safe Swim Defense as a group.
- 2.We will play a game while in the water.
- 3.Using a kick board to demonstrate a flutter kick for 25 feet.
For the Cub Scout Swimming Pin we will:
- 1.Practice the breathing method used for the crawl stroke.
- 2.Learn the Elementary Backstroke and the Breastroke.
- 3.Learn the Jellyfish and Canoe (prone) floating methods.
- 4.Discuss swimming safely in a Pool, Lake, River, & Ocean and discuss what training a lifeguard needs for their job.
- 5.Discuss the four rescue techniques. (Reach, Throw, Row & Go with support)
For the Webelos Activity Pin:
- 1.Jump into the water over your head, swim 100 feet, with at least 50 feet using the elementary backstroke.
- 2.Float on you back, your front and demonstrate survival floating.
- 3.Put on a PFD, jump in water over your head, swim 25 feet.
- 4.Do a front surface dive and swim four strokes under water.
- 5.Earn the Cub Scout Sports Belt Loop.
- 6.Pass the BSA Swimmer Test which involves:
- - Jump into water over your head.
- - Swim 75 yards in a strong manner using one or more of the following: crawl, sidestroke or breaststroke.
- - Swim 25 yards using the elementary backstroke.
Packs, Dens and individual boys are welcome to participate!
Cost: $2 per scout
Location : Valley Forge Military Academy, 1001 Eagle Road, Wayne, PA 19087
Contact : Jim Hasselman, firstname.lastname@example.org