Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader!
Every Leader deserves training so s/he can successfully deliver the scouting program!
- Cub Scout Leaders are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader essentials, and Cub Scout Leader Specific training for their position.
- Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader Essentials, Scoutmaster Specific Training, and Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills.
- Pack or Troop Committee Members are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader Essentials, and Committee Specific Training.
Training of adults to successfully deliver the Boy Scout program has evolved into a well-presented, thorough, curriculum of courses to be completed in sequence. Here are the courses you need to fulfill your commitment of an adult leader.
- Date: Saturday, April 2, 2016
- Time: 8:15-8:45 a.m. sign-in; 8:45 a.m. Opening Ceremony.
- Location: St. Peter's Lutheran Church, 3025 Church Rd., Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
- Cost: $5 (Pay cash at the door)
Baden-Powell District is once again pleased to offer this training opportunity to all the units. A change of venue this year though. Courses offered this time:
- Life to Eagle Seminar*
- Youth Protection (Y01)
- Bullying Prevention*
- Fundamentals of Training (Train-the-Trainer)*
- Scoutmaster / Assistant Scoutmaster Specific
- Troop Committee Challenge
- Cubmaster / Assistant Cubmaster Specific
- Den Leader / Assistant Den Leader Specific
- Pack Committee Challenge
- Sessions with an asterisk (*) are for youth and adults.
To register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include name, session(s) attending, and your pack/troop/team/crew. If you are registering multiple people, please list each person and the sessions each person will be taking. No online registration. Payments will be taken in CASH at sign-in.
For detailed information, please download our event flyer by clicking here.
For any questions, please e-mail email@example.com; or call Barry Kauffmann 215-880-5488 or Mike Matusheski 610-292-0946.
Youth Protection is important to the safety of our youth and adults as well. Youth Protection must be kept up to date. If your Youth Protection training expires this year, renew it now. Remember, a new policy is in effect that any registered adult with Youth Protection Training that expires before April 1 of the following yearwill not be able to recharter and the end of this current year. For instance, if your Youth Protection training was last completed March 31, 2015 (expires March 31, 2017); then you need to renew your Youth Protection before recharetering at the end of 2016.
What is needed? Adults in Packs, Troops, and Teams need to complete Youth Protection (Y01). Adults in Crews need to complete Venturing Youth Protection (Y02). These courses are available online. In-person courses have been offered as well. Please contact our District Training Chairman, Mike Matusheski, if your unit would like to host a Youth Protection training class. We can bring training to your unit.
If you or someone you know has YPT that will be expiring anytime this year, NOW is the time to renew it. Don't wait.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a training course take place right where your unit meets? If your Pack, Troop, Crew, or Team would like to host a training course, please contact the Baden-Powell District Training Chairman, Mike Matusheski via e-mail click here. He is still looking for places to hold training sessions in the local communities in our district.