Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader!
Every Leader deserves training so s/he can successfully deliver the scouting program!
- Cub Scout Leaders are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader essentials, and Cub Scout Leader Specific training for their position.
- Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader Essentials, Scoutmaster Specific Training, and Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills.
- Pack or Troop Committee Members are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader Essentials, and Committee Specific Training.
Training of adults to successfully deliver the Boy Scout program has evolved into a well-presented, thorough, curriculum of courses to be completed in sequence. Here are the courses you need to fulfill your commitment of an adult leader.
- Date Saturday, March 21, 2015
- Time: 8:15 am – 12:30 pm
- Location: St. Peter’s Lutheran Church
- 3025 Church Rd.
- Lafayette Hill, PA 19444
- Cost: $5.00
- Payment (cash only) will be taken at the door when you enter.
Register online at:
Registration Deadline: March 16, 2015.
Please arrive between 8:00 – 8:15 am for sign-in, so that we can begin promptly at 8:30 am. Cost covers administrative needs, beverages, and morning snacks.
To register for this event, click here
To download a flyer, please click here SM-ASM_Specific_2015_flyer.
For any questions please contact: Mike Matusheski, B-P District Training Chairman at 610-292-0946 or click here to email
Youth Protection is important to the safety of our youth and adults as well. Youth Protection must be kept up to date. If your Youth Protection training expires prior to April 1, 2015, you MUST renew it immediately. Remember, a new policy is in effect that any registered adult with Youth Protection Training that expires on March 31 or before will not be able to recharter for the 2015 year.
What is needed? Adults in Packs, Troops, and Teams need to complete Youth Protection (Y01). Adults in Crews need to complete Venturing Youth Protection (Y02). These courses are available online. In-person courses have been offered as well.
If you or someone you know has YPT that will be expiring anytime in 2015, NOW is the time to renew it. Don't wait.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a training course take place right where your unit meets? If your Pack, Troop, Crew, or Team would like to host a training course, please contact the Baden-Powell District Training Chairman, Mike Matusheski via e-mail click here. He is still looking for places to hold training sessions in the local communities in our district.