Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader!
Every Leader deserves training so s/he can successfully deliver the scouting program!
- Cub Scout Leaders are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader essentials, and Cub Scout Leader Specific training for their position.
- Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader Essentials, Scoutmaster Specific Training, and Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills.
- Pack or Troop Committee Members are considered trained when they have completed Youth Protection, New Leader Essentials, and Committee Specific Training.
Training of adults to successfully deliver the Boy Scout program has evolved into a well-presented, thorough, curriculum of courses to be completed in sequence. Here are the courses you need to fulfill your commitment of an adult leader.
Baden-Powell District Training Day
December 7, 2013
Supplee Presbyterian Church
855 Welsh Rd.
Maple Glen, PA 18802
A great training opportunity for Adult and Youth Leaders. Sessions include:
Training the Chartered Organization Representative
Leader Specific for Cub Scout leaders
Managing Risk in Scouting
Leave No Trace Awareness
Den Chief Training
*NOTE: SM Specific is an all-day class and will end before 4:30 pm.
Cost: $ 7.00 per person
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
Time: 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.: Sign-in and Breakfast
9 a.m.: Opening Ceremony
Most sessions will be done by 2:30 p.m.
(NOTE: SM Specific will continue, ending before 4:30 pm).
For questions or more information, please contact:
- Event coordinator Barry Kauffmann: (215)880-5488 or
- Training chairman Mike Matusheski: (610)292-0946 or
- both via email: firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com
Please include names of those attending, session(s) requested for each, and your pack/troop/crew/team number. No online registration. Payments will be taken at sign-in. If you are registering for Leader Specifics for Cub Scout Leaders, please also include the position you are in.
What to bring:
- Note taking materials.
- Your membership ID number (to ensure you get credit for courses)
A positive and learning attitude full of Scouting spirit.
Scoutmaster & Assistant Scoutmaster Specific
Complete course (all 3 sessions) in one day.
Saturday, February 1, 2014
9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Sign in begins at 8:30 am
Location: Giant Super Store (Community room upstairs) 315 York Rd
Willow Grove, PA 19090
Please arrive early for sign-in, so that we can begin promptly at 9:00 am. Cost covers administrative needs, beverages, and morning snacks. Lunch is on your own.
Payment can be made at the door.
About “SM/ASM Specific”
SM/ASM Specific is an essential part of basic training for leaders in Boy Scout troops. This training is required for Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters in every troop.