Planning and conducting a strong program is the best way to keep your Scouts active and interested in Scouting. Funding that program is equally important--otherwise great plans can't become a reality. The annual popcorn sale is a proven approach to ensure that your unit can meet its program and fundraising goals while teaching your Scouts the importance of earning their own way. Units have used the monies they raise to cover the cost of badges and advancement, outings, trips, and summer camp fees.
The popcorn sale is administered by the Cradle of Liberty Council to help make your unit successful. Here are some benefits:
Congratulations to the 538 inaugural members of the Cradle of Liberty Fish Club! By now most units should have received their patches, rods and lures. More than 200 Scouts qualified as full members of the 2015 Fish Club and are invited to the annual Fish Fest event at the USS Cradle of Liberty on Saturday, June 20 at Musser Scout Reservation. This all-day extravaganza is free to all full members of the Fish Club who sold at least $750 of popcorn and will feature music, food and of course FISHING! Save the date.
Congratulations Council Top-Seller Robbie Spiller!
Robbie Spiller of Pack 371 in Constellation District earned a brand new iPad Air after selling a whopping $9,180 in popcorn! The Webelos Scout filled forms by taking a house-by-house and block-by-block approach this fall. Congratulations and good luck on your Scouting Trail.
If you are coming to Return Day:
- Come prepared with a list of product that you need to fill your take orders.
- If we have the product you need on hand we will fill your take orders. There is NO guarantee that we will have the product that you need.
- Staff will be at Reads to submit your order for you and adjust any returns that you may have.
- Bring your completed $400+ Sellers List so your Scouts will be sure to receive their Fish Club memberships and gear!
If you do not have returns:
- Log onto the Popcorn Ordering System at www.trails-end.com and place your take order before the end of the day on October 25th. If you do not have your access information or have questions, contact your DE or QUE before then.
- Email your DE or QUE your $400+ Sellers List by the end of the day November 8th.
In an effort to maximize your popcorn sale and ultimately earn more money for your unit, Cradle of Liberty Council allows you to transfer and/or receive product from other units throughout the sale. There is a very important form, called the Popcorn Inventory Transfer Form, that communicates this transaction to the council to ensure accurate records and inventories are kept. Each unit participating in an inventory transfer should fill out their respective portions of the form and retain a copy for their records. It is the responsibility of the TRANSFERRING unit to submit this form to the council office by e-mail at email@example.com or by fax at 610-688-2951.
- Scout Order Form (PDF)
- Scout Prizes (PDF)
- 2014 Unit Leader Guide (PDF)
- Online Prize Ordering Account Instructions (PDF)
- Sample Letter to Parents (PDF)
- Program Planner (XLS)
- Sales Goal Worksheet (XLS)
- Unit Plan Worksheet (PDF)
- Product Transfer Form (PDF)
- College Scholarship Information
- Popcorn Show & Sell Business Appreciation Certificate (Publisher format)
- Wawa Weekend Show & Sell Sales Agreement (PDF)
- Kernel Connection E-Newsletter
- Return Day Schedule (PDF)
- Fish Club $400+ Sellers Prize Sheet (PDF)
This weekly newsletter, which will be distributed each Tuesday until the end of the sale, is intended to be a resource for unit kernels (coordinators) to help your sale be as successful as possible.
- Issue 1 - September 2, 2014
- Issue 2 - September 9, 2014
- Issue 3 - September 16, 2014
- Issue 4 - September 23, 2014
- Issue 5 - September 30, 2014
- Issue 6 - October 14, 2014
- Issue 7 - October 20, 2014
Make sure to select the "Popcorn Sale" email list in order to get the newsletter.
For nutritional and allergen information about Trail's End popcorn, please visit:
At that site you will find detailed information about gluten, dairy, nuts, trans fats, etc. as it relates to the Trail's End popcorn products.