The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, areas, regions, and the BSA National Council to Venturers who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code and Oath.
A call for nominations will be issued later this year, with nominations due in December. Awards will be presented at the Annual Council Recognition Dinner.
Venturing Leadership Award candidates at the Council level must:
- Be registered and involved in Venturing as a Venturer for at least one year (adults are no longer eligibile for this award).
- Hold a leadership position or office on the unit, district, or council level.
- Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers within the council.
This award is not given for service solely to a unit or district; there should be at least some service at council level or above.
This nomination is confidential. To avoid possible disappointment, please do not advise the nominee of your action on his/her behalf. The nomination form is available here.
The nomination will require a response to these five items.
- Leadership positions held related to this award nomination
- Other involvement in Venturing
- Involvement with other organizations, such as church, clubs, etc.
- Awards and recognitions received in Venturing, Scouting, etc.
- Provide additional information (200 words or less) explaining why this candidate should receive the Venturing Leadership Award from Cradle of Liberty Council.
Two or three letters of recommendation are also required from school, church, clubs, etc.
It is important that you be as specific as possible. For example, state “Was a Venturer on 2010 Wood Badge staff”, NOT “Has been on Wood Badge staff.”
Nominations are due (postmarked) December 16, 2013.
Nominations should be submitted to:
Cradle of Liberty Council
1485 Valley Forge Road
Wayne, PA 19087
Attention: Venturing Leadership Award Committee
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.