The annual Friends of Scouting campaign provides Scouters, parents, alumni, businesses, and community members with an opportunity to support the programs and facilities of the Cradle of Liberty Council.
The true cost of Scouting is much greater than what local dues or event and camping fees cover. Yearly registration fees directly support the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America and help provide program development and research, literature and other resources. The Friends of Scouting Campaign gives individuals and businesses the opportunity to contribute to the Cradle of Liberty Council at a level of their own choosing according to their interest and ability to give.
The Cradle of Liberty Council uses contributions made through the annual Friends of Scouting campaign to:
- Provide program resources used to plan and coordinate local unit programs.
- Provide basic leader training courses for adult leaders.
- Purchase audio-visual equipment and supplies to support training and program in local communities.
- Underwrite the cost of the council website, district websites and electronic newsletters. The council website will be completely revamped in 2015.
- Support the Firestone Scouting Resource Center, including telephone, postage, office supplies and support staff.
- Help pay liability insurance for registered adult leaders, chartered partners, youth members and the council.
- Offset the cost of background checks for all leaders.
- Pay for the cost of district professionals, who work with local leaders and communities to support and grow the Scouting program. These professionals recruit, train and support local volunteers who, in turn, work directly with youth to provide the Scouting program.
- Help provide community based Cub Scout Day Camp programs throughout the council.
- Support local weekend programs, activities and the overall camping programs of the council.
- Support the maintenance and upkeep of council camping facilities including Musser and Resica Falls Scout Reservations.
Contributors and their immediate families who make a gift of $150 or above to the 2015 Cradle of Liberty Council Friends of Scouting Campaign are invited to attend, free of charge, the special “Lighting the Way” recognition event on the evening of Friday, June 19, 2015 at Musser Scout Reservation.
Activities will include:
- Night run
- Swimming in the pool
- BB gun range
- Archery range
Registration will be available on this page soon
Families that make a gift of any amount will receive a self-powered LED flashlight to help “Light the Way!”
Families that make a gift of $150 and above will also receive a commemorative Scout Law Series Council Shoulder Patch that glows in the dark! Plus, those families will be given free admission to the special “Lighting the Way” night event at Musser Scout Reservation in June with activities for everyone in the family. Patches will be mailed along with an invitation to the event.
This form is to be completed by unit Friends of Scouting coordinators, unit committee chairs or unit leaders only. Please select a meeting well-attended by families in your unit, preferably in the months of January, February, March or April. Please publicize the meeting so families know about the Friends of Scouting program. If you have questions, please contact your district Family Friends of Scouting chair or district professional.
New for 2015: Units that schedule their presentation prior to the end of April and achieve their goal will receive a $50 gift card to the Scout Shop/ScoutStuff.org in addition to recognition in the council newsletter and on the council website. Goals are currently being finalized and will be communicted through your district’s Family Friends of Scouting chair or district professional.