The annual Friends of Scouting campaign provides Scouters, parents, alumni, businesses, and community members with an opportunity to support the programs and facilities of the Cradle of Liberty Council.
The true cost of Scouting is much greater than what local dues or event and camping fees cover. Yearly registration fees directly support the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America and help provide program development and research, literature and other resources. Instead of charging a fixed cost to support local council operations, the Friends of Scouting Campaign gives individuals and businesses the option to contribute at a level of their own choosing.
The Cradle of Liberty Council uses contributions made through the annual Friends of Scouting campaign to:
- Maintain camp properties and a service center.
- Organize new Scouting units and support existing ones.
- Provide professional support and leader training.
- Distribute program resources and regular communications.
- Organize activities and events.
- Offset general liability insurance costs to chartered organizations.
- Criminal background checks for adult leaders.
This form is to be completed by unit Friends of Scouting coordinators, unit committee chairs or unit leaders only. Please select a meeting well-attended by families in your unit, preferably in the months of January, February or March. Please publicize the meeting so families know about the Friends of Scouting program. If you have questions, please contact your district Family Friends of Scouting chair or district professional.