Messengers of Peace
Oct 24-26, 2014
Kinnus and Scout Retreat
An Interfaith Scouting Event
Sponsored By The Cradle of Liberty Council Jewish Committee On Scouting & The Archdiocese of Philadelphia Catholic Committee On Scouting
For more information -
REGISTRATION: Gerry Zaretsky 215-437-7437 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT CHAIR: Barry Kauffman 215-880-5488 Email: email@example.com
CCS CHAIR: Bob Gabage 215-518-3486 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the event flier, click here
The National Jewish Committee on Scouting established the Shofar Award to recognize outstanding service by adults in the promotion of Scouting among Jewish youth. Just as the Shofar (Ram’s Horn) calls people to the service of God, so the Shofar Award is a recognition of the individual who has answered the call to serve Jewish youth in Scouting. Self and spouse nominations will not be accepted.
A Shofar recipient should:
1. Nominations may be made by Scouting volunteers or professionals.
2. Letter of Recommendation: The nominator must submit a letter of recommendation detailing the nominee’s qualifications, which must be included with the application.
3. Completed Application: The nominator must submit the application form to the local BSA Council’s Jewish Committee on Scouting for approval.
4. Required Signatures: The nominator must submit the application form to the local BSA Council for approval (the Scout
Executive’s signature is required).
5. Payment Information: Check the P.R.A.Y. website for the latest pricing. A check for the award package plus shipping/handling should be made payable to P.R.A.Y. (11123 S. Towne Sq. Ste B, St. Louis, MO 63123). Payment by check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or Discover is accepted.
To download the application form, click here