The National Jewish Committee on Scouting established the Shofar Award to recognize outstanding service by adults in the promotion of Scouting among Jewish youth. Just as the Shofar (Ram’s Horn) calls people to the service of God, so the Shofar Award is a recognition of the individual who has answered the call to serve Jewish youth in Scouting. Self and spouse nominations will not be accepted.
A Shofar recipient should:
1. Nominations may be made by Scouting volunteers or professionals.
2. Letter of Recommendation: The nominator must submit a letter of recommendation detailing the nominee’s qualifications, which must be included with the application.
3. Completed Application: The nominator must submit the application form to the local BSA Council’s Jewish Committee on Scouting for approval.
4. Required Signatures: The nominator must submit the application form to the local BSA Council for approval (the Scout
Executive’s signature is required).
5. Payment Information: Check the P.R.A.Y. website for the latest pricing. A check for the award package plus shipping/handling should be made payable to P.R.A.Y. (11123 S. Towne Sq. Ste B, St. Louis, MO 63123). Payment by check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or Discover is accepted.
To download the application form, click here
The Jewish Committee on Scouting in Cradle of Liberty Council is proud to once again be able to sponsor camperships for Jewish Cub and Boy Scouts attending camp this summer.
The Scout must be of the Jewish faith and registered in either Cradle of Liberty, Bucks, or Chester Council.
Please click here for the application and for more details.