Contact US at SEPA.JCOS@colbsa.org
The Jewish Committee on Scouting of the Cradle of Liberty Council B.S.A. is again proud to be able to sponsor camperships for Jewish boys and girls registered in the Boy Scouts of America. This will help reimburse you for sending your child to Cub/Scout camp this summer. These funds are provided by the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia handling the annual grant from the Sidney Goldberg Endowment Fund.
The National Jewish Committee on Scouting established the Shofar Award to recognize outstanding service by adults in the promotion of Scouting among Jewish youth. Just as the Shofar (Ram’s Horn) calls people to the service of God, so the Shofar Award is a recognition of the individual who has answered the call to serve Jewish youth in Scouting. Self and spouse nominations will not be accepted.
A Shofar recipient should:
1. Nominations may be made by Scouting volunteers or professionals.
2. Letter of Recommendation: The nominator must submit a letter of recommendation detailing the nominee’s qualifications, which must be included with the application.
3. Completed Application: The nominator must submit the application form to the local BSA Council’s Jewish Committee on Scouting for approval.
4. Required Signatures: The nominator must submit the application form to the local BSA Council for approval (the Scout
Executive’s signature is required).
5. Payment Information: Check the P.R.A.Y. website for the latest pricing. A check for the award package plus shipping/handling should be made payable to P.R.A.Y. (11123 S. Towne Sq. Ste B, St. Louis, MO 63123). Payment by check, money order, MasterCard, Visa or Discover is accepted.
To download the application form, click here