Camperships are scholarships for youth registered in the Cradle of Liberty Council. The amount of the campership is dependent on the need of the Scout and available dollars at the time of determination. The amount of the Campership may not exceed 50% of the total cost to attend the program.
Eligible programs are: Cub Day Camps, Boy Scout Summer Camps, Cub World summer programs, and National Jamborees operated by the Cradle of Liberty Council.
2013 CAMPERSHIP APPLICATION
Cradle of Liberty Council believes that every Scout should be given an opportunity to take part in an outdoor experience. The Campership Fund was established to ensure that Scouts who, without financial assistance, would not be able to attend camp.
Funding is limited and we ask only those with true needs to apply for a campership. Youth members are expected to earn their own way in Scouting and each unit should provide an opportunity for Scouts to participate in fundraising activities.
All applications are considered on the basis of need. Availability of camperships is dependent upon the council’s ability to fund them. Funding will be limited to no more than 50% of the program fee. Completion of this application is does not automatically guarantee a campership. Please note that receipt of a 50% campership is NOT to be expected.
Webelos crossing over to Boy Scouts should be advised to make arrangements to attend summer camp with the troop they intend to join. Being new to a troop is not a valid reason to apply for campership funding, and the troop may be going to an out of council camp which would not qualify them for a Cradle of Liberty campership.
Other points to consider as you complete the application:
- Camperships are only available for “in Council” camps – Boy Scout camp at Resica Falls, Cub Scout day camp, Cub Adventures at Camp Hart.
- Camperships cover ONE week of camp.
- Amount of request is NOT a guarantee of campership amount.
- Application must be approved by the unit.
- ALL questions must be answered. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RETURNED
- All applications are considered on the basis of the information supplied – please ensure you provide a detailed explanation (a paragraph) of need. “Financial hardship” is not a sufficient reason.
- The application MUST be submitted by March 1, 2013 to be considered. Applications received after this date will only be considered if funds become available. No money needs to be submitted with the application.
- Campership notifications will be mailed out by March 22nd, 2013.
- Acceptance of the campership must be acknowledged by returning the confirmation letter with your $50 deposit for camp no later than April 8th, 2013.
- It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that all applications from a troop or pack be submitted together.
Other fundraising opportunities are available: Learn about our Camp Card program at www.colbsa.org/campcard.
Submit completed application for consideration to:
Cradle of Liberty Council, BSA Campership Fund
1485 Valley Forge Rd
Wayne, PA 19087