2013 Camp Card Has Arrived!
UNIT CAPTAINS - IMPORTANT TRAINING INFORMATION!
Call 610-688-6900 with questions
Every Scout Deserves To Go To Camp
“Swing for the fences… send a kid to camp!”
When Scouts sign up for Cub Scout Packs, Boy Scout Troops, and Venturing Crews, we make a promise to them: That the Scouting program will deliver untold adventures to the youth, provide them with opportunities to explore and learn, and discover new and unfamiliar places. Of all of our different classrooms, the meeting rooms, zoos, parks, and living rooms, there are few that can compare to the versatility and flexibility of the great outdoors.
It is with great pride that the Cradle of Liberty Council is announcing the 2013 Camp Card Program, which is geared to promote youth earning their way to Summer Camp. The “Camp Card” is a discount card for consumers to local businesses. This program will feature the following:
- Competitive Pricing - Cards only sell for $5.00!
- Great Return For Units & Scouts – 50% return on each card! – Each cards will give each Scout $2.50 towards a Cradle of Liberty Camping Program.
- Great Value To Consumers – Each card has a value of over $50, including multiple deals valued at $5 each!
- Risk-Free To Units – Unsold cards are able to be returned with no penalty
- Easy To Manage Sale - $1,000,000 worth of cards fit under a desk! No renting storage units and managing different products
In 2012, Pack and Troop 125 worked together to sell over $10,000 worth of Camp Cards. The two units received over $5,000 in commission to spend on programs for their youth members. They were able to attend multiple fall weekend events and look forward to attending even more camp in the future! All self-funded!
If your unit is interested in greatly improving its ability to go camping, please fill out the commitment form of the “2013 Camp Card Information Form”. The Scouting program provides opportunities for its youth members to experience up to an entire week in the outdoors at Scout Camp. Whether it is Day Camp, Cub Scout Camping at Camp Hart, or Boy Scout and Venturing Camping at Resica Falls, scouts can experience opportunities not available anywhere else for youth their age.
Key Dates to keep in mind.
1. Submit your unit participation sheet ASAP.
2. March Roundtables - Camp Cards are distributed. Also available through staff at Council Service Centers.
3. March 15, 2013 - Camp Cards first day of sales.
4. May 12, 2013 - Camp Cards final day of sales.
5. May 31, 2013 - $2.50 per sold card due back to the Boy Scout Office (Valley Forge Office). Money for sold cards AND unsold cards not collected due back to council to receive full 50% commission. ALL UNSOLD CARDS due to council.
6. June 1, 2013 - Unit commission reduced to 40% if balance is not yet paid and cards not yet unreturned.
7. June 15, 2013 and beyond - Unit commission reduced to 30% if balance is not yet paid and cards not yet unreturned.
Questions or do you need more information?
Email: Diane Campman @ email@example.com
Phone: Diane Campman @ 484-654-9229
*** RESOURCES for Camp Card Head Coaches, Coaches, and Unit Captains BELOW***
2013 Camp Card Unit Receipt (Issued to Unit Captains from staff members at Council Service Centers)
2013 Camp Card Scout Seller Tracking Form (PDF VERSON for Unit Captains use when tracking Scout sellers)
2013 Camp Card Scout Seller Tracking Form EXCEL (EXCEL VERSON for Unit Captains use when tracking Scout sellers)
2013 Camp Card Unit Captain Position Description (Share this with volunteers in units you're working with. It will help keep them on track with Camp Card duties)
2013 Camp Card District Coach Position Description (Share this with volunteers interested in mentoring units throughout the District. It will help keep them on track with Camp Card duties)